Saturday, September 8, 2012

Lexi and Jim

I always feel that being invited to a wedding is a huge honor.  It's a special day for two people and for them to think that much of me to share it with me is so lovely.  September 1st was a big day for my friend Lexie as she joined the love of her life Jim in matrimony.  This wedding was such a beautiful one as it was held on the grounds of Avon Old Farms school.  Seriously, I felt like I was at Hogwarts.  The setting was picture perfect, the food was great and the drinks were flowing hence my day of self imposed silence on Sunday.  I have to remember that I'm not 21 anymore...but I always seem to forget.
 

The view from the site where the ceremony was held was absolutely breathtaking.  Lexie had her vision and her vision was near perfect.  It was a wonderful day for a wedding.


My dates for this shindig
Jim's parents
Lexie's mom Heidi and her little brother Ben; spitting images of each other.


Lexie's ladies wore different style dresses in the palest of champagne with flat sandals for walking on grass.  Each dress was more beautiful than the last.

There's Jim with the side splitting grin
Every girl should be so blessed to have two great dads!
Finally Lexie entered and I knew she was going to be beautiful but I really had no idea what was to come.  I mean she already showed me her dress months ago but the whole package was more than what I expected.  I looked back at my dates and three of us were teary eyed.  What a beautiful sight she was.
The details on the bottom of this dress were stunning.  Her veil was long and lush, I'm sure she was so happy to her dad for holding it still for her as it was a windy but balmy day.
Mr. and Mrs Costanzo
She seemed to be saying "we did it!".
Me, Lisa, Erin and Jes; striking a pose!
I wore my sequined Michael Kors dress as I'm still trying to get my monies worth out of this puppy, plus I just love the way this dress hangs on me.  I thought it might be too much but there were other ladies in sequin...thank goodness!
Lisa and Jes
Katrina and Cheyney
Katrina has already been on my blog months ago, I just happened to meet her on the street and thought she had style so I snapped her pic.  Little did I know she was a good friend of Lexie's and that I would meet her again at the wedding.  What a small world CT is!  Cheyney is a model, a very beautiful one at that...and tall.  These ladies were so sweet, I had the best time with them.  Anyone that knows me knows I love a good party and what a party it was!

Erin
The long tables were glorious and beautifully decorated.  I really did feel like I was at Hogwarts...



Lexie and Jim's first dance, you can just see the love between these two...so sweet.
First dance with Lexie's dad
Jim's first dance with his mom
Lexie's first dance with her Stepdad

 
 



Lexie's parents, mom Heidi and stepdad Ken


What a wonderful party this was, everyone danced ate and were merry.  They ended the night with tater tots and chicken fingers, my inner child was so happy as I love a tot! 

Met this lovely lady at the wedding, she's one of Lexie's Cosmetology friends.  We bonded over the fact that we share the same name, and the fact that we have very short hair.  I loved the fact that she was not afraid to expose her entire back, very daring.  The look suited her well and her hair was to die for.  I love a short cut and it looked so chic on her.




This was the last pic I took for the night.  This is Lexie's cousin from CA.  I immediately fell in love with her dress.  I told her she looked beautiful and she remarked that it wasn't her, it was the Diane Von Furstenberg dress.  How wrong she was, it was definitely her.  This dress has the combination of two things I love, it's green and it's a wrap...I can't get enough of it!

All in all it was a beautiful day and a fabulous wedding.  I couldn't be more happy for The Costanzo's, I wish them all the best and I thank them for letting me share in their moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment