Saturday, September 8, 2012

What I wore this week...

It's getting really difficult to not wear the same thing twice so bear with me as I sneak things in here and there.  I had to pull out some old things that I don't wear anymore and some things that I've never worn just to keep up this "nothing twice" facade that I have going.

  

This is a wrap dress (you know how I love a wrap dress), that I purchased years ago from Express.  I'm not an Express customer usually but I thought this was cute when I passed it in the window.  It fits like a dream and it doesn't require dry cleaning which is something I'm all about.   

  • My shoes are from Fifi and Elvis, I found them at Marshall's a few years back when I really needed a black suede shoe.  
  • The necklace was a gift that one of my girl's Mo purchased from Forever 21.


  • I think I've had this ruffle top for at least 4 years and never really rocked it.  It's shear so I have to wear something under it and I really don't like layering for heat/sweating purposes.  I was going to try to wear all of the tops in my closet one way or another that I have never worn but it kinda just stopped with this one.  The others required ironing and I swear I must wake up right as I need to leave the house.
  • These are my Joe Fresh pants, no description required.  They fit like a dream.
  • BCBG shoes, they are in high rotation.
  • This Calvin Klein jacket I purchased full price at Lord & Taylor years ago for about $90 for a meeting I had to attend.  I've gotten more compliments and more wear out of this jacket that I realized, it's a definite staple.

I take my mother on an "excursion" every year for Mother's Day.  Basically we just go in search of clothing or flowers for her as that's what she truly needs and wants at this stage in her life.  One trip to the Clinton outlets in Clinton, CT 4 years ago was when I purchased this periwinkle dress from Max Studio.  It was all of $30 and I never wore it.  I don't know, I felt/feel like a linebacker in it!  It just seemed like my shoulders were huge and the bottom was weird.  I'm trying to wear everything in my closet so I bit the bullet and just rocked it.  I got so many compliments on this dress that day that I was astonished.  I thought I looked like a clown but I guess I was wrong.  Goes to show you just have to have some confidence when you wear something and it will all work out in the end.

Shoes, BCBG, belt from the Gap for $4...that's right $4.

Speaking of confidence, you better have some if you're gonna rock head to ankle yellow. 

  • I found these pants at Banana Republic last week for $25.  I needed something to wear to Fashion Night out that was comfy and eye catching and I figured yellow would do the trick.
  • The shirt is from Anthro, got it for $30 bucks.  I usually rock it with one of the two yellow skirts that I own.  I'm realizing that I have an abundance of yellow.  What's happening to me, I used to only wear black?
  • The belt is also from Anthro, it's got a sparkly texture and look to it with yellow accents.
  • The shoes are the offending Jessica Simpson flats that hurt so bad but my feet and my mind are starting to scab over so I'll forget all about the pain come panty hose season.
I wonder what I'll wear next week???

1 comment:

  1. Lol.....Jessica Simpson shoes....hilarious!!!! Hi Natalie...Love the blog!! I need you to dress me;)

    ReplyDelete