Saturday, July 14, 2012

What I wore to dance the night away

While I was searching for a top for D I was also searching for something cheap for me too.  I don't need any new clothes but I love to buy at least one new thing especially when I go out, it makes me feel...new.  I couldn't pass this skirt up at $15 bucks, it is just too cute.  I tried it on quickly and thought it was fine but on the night I was to wear it I got nervous that it was too short.  I rocked it anyway as really, what's too short?  Yes, I'm 40 and fabulous and my motto is if you have the gams to walk around in shorts or a short skirt just go for it.  Life's too short to worry about what others think about you really.

 
This little black tank is in high rotation in my closet, not for work as it's a little revealing but perfect for layering and for hot nights out in the summer.  Of course it was purchased from Anthro, I gotta stay out of that store...maybe. 


This necklace is from the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.  I love to hit up museums for jewelry, it's usually inexpensive and so cute.  I have a ridiculous amount of pieces from museums, don't sleep on a gift shop.  I really can't remember how much it cost as it was several SF trips ago.  SF, I miss you so bad!


The bracelet is from Silpada, it cost me around $150 which is expensive for me but I have worn it so many times that I feel like it's paid for itself (then again that's how I justify all my purchases).  I found this cute little clutch for $20 at Marshall's, the brand is Latico which I never noticed or heard of but it's super cute and closes with a magnet.


My shoes are from Zara, picked them up for $30 bucks.  I have got to stalk Zara more often.  They were super comfy when I first put them on but once I started getting my groove on my dogs started barking and wouldn't shut up.


My earrings are a $15 find at Lord & Taylor.  They look like diamond studs but obviously they're not, they do add a nice touch of bling though.  Everything is reasonable in L&T with a coupon!



Had a great little meal at The Cloud consisting of shrimp and calamari with a chili sauce paired with a glass of Reisling.  The shrimp was cooked to perfection and the calamari was really good.  I like calamari but not the little octopus looking ones...they gross me out, big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment